Air purifiers helpful?

Patient : I have asthma and dust is the worst culprit, especially in my bedroom. Woula an air purifier be of any benefit?
Symptoms:  Shortness of breath
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. Yes, an air purifier, especially one containing a HEPA filter can be very effective in redu cing allergens and irritants in the air of your home which can precipitate an asthma attack. Although you may not notice immediate improvement in the quality of the air of your home, over time, this can make a dramatic difference in controlling asthma attacks. We hope this helps. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com