Alchol caused high blood pressure for him?

Patient

Q: Doctor this is realyy seriouse but my dad he has high blood pressure and its bad but there are things he does or dosnt do that causes this. and he thinks its stress because hes been like only realy stressful for lke a year afteer what happen but on the other hand hes been drinking alchol for every since he was around 15 and i wanted to saythat is it the alcohol that may have caused it more??

Symptoms:  High blood pressure, alchol or stress
Doctor

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
We are here to help you.

If his BP readings are high, he would require to see your doctor, who would investigate and start him on anti-hypertensive medications.
Once his BP comes to a desired level on the medications, he will have to continue those medicines.
I would advise following investigations:
1. Kidney Function tests
2. Thyroid profile
3. Fasting Blood sugar
4. Fasting Lipid Profile
5. ECG.
I would advise you to get him these investigations done. Based on the reports your doctor will start him on medications that would get his BP under control.
Commonly used antihypertensives are Amlodipine, Metoprolol, Telmisartan, Diuretics.
At your his BP should not exceed more than 140/80 mmHg.
He should avoid pickle, alcohol. Take low salt, and oil-free diet.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy