Alcohol and other drug combination

Patient

Q: Is it ok to have zzquil after consuming alcohol?

Symptoms:  Sleepless
Doctor

Thanks for choosing "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
It is better to avoid alcohol when you are on zzzquil. It has diphenhydramine which is sedating and along with alcohol sedation can be high. But there is no absolute contraindication. You may cut down the alcohol while you are on zzzquil and look for it ones. If the sedation is tolerable then you may take zzzquil along with small amount of alcohol.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you in future.

Wish you good health!