Alcohol Intolerance

Patient

Q: Hello. I'm a 44 years old female and appear to have developed an intolerance to alchohol. I certainly do not drink a lot anyway, but after a just two glasses of wine I become very ill.

Is there anything I can do (short of not drinking at all which I'm considering), to minimize the horrendous bout of vomiting, headaches and shakiness I feel afterwards? It does not feel like a hangover, but something much worse.

I was wondering if this had anything to do with certain foods I may consume beforehand?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Suzi

Doctor