x
177 Physicians Online

Question:

Alcoholism and high white blood cell count

Hi I recently had a blood test taken(CBC)and itcame back showing that my white blood cells were high.I had a second test three weeks later and the result was unchanged.I will be having another test soon. Could this be due to a high consumtion of alcohol, as I am an alcoholic and had fell off the wagon shortly before the blood test

Answer:

Alcohol consumption should be avoided while you are on duloxetin medication. It may increase your risk of liver damage. It also impairs your thinking and reaction times, so you should be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert. High consumption of alcohol lowers the immunity of your body, thus increasing your susceptibility to infection, which is what your increased white blood cell counts indicate.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA