Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > All my life ive been occasionally hearing this squeaking sound

All my life ive been occasionally hearing this squeaking sound

Patient: All my life ive been occasionally hearing this squeaking sound coming from my upper left torso, around my heart. It almost sounds like when you rub your finger on wet glass, but its short and repetitive squeaks. It is noticable when i have a high heart rate, and moreso when hunche over. its kind of scary

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.You have got a unique problem, seen very rarely, but you have very nicely described it.As per the history, you have provided of occasionally hearing squeaking sound coming from upper left torso, around the heart. It almost sounds like when you rub your finger on wet glass, but its short and repetitive squeaks. It is noticeable with high heart rate and when hunching over.The reasons for this can be:- Pleural rub sue to pleural inflammation.- Pericardiac problems (the covering of the heart).- Old fractured not healed rib.I would advise you to get a clinical evaluation and actual Physical examination by a Physician. This will find the reason and guide for further tests and treatment if required.I hope this answer helps you.