Allergic reaction

Patient : My friend is having an allergic reaction from using a latex condom, he is feeling symptoms of a burning sensation and itching at his penis area. What can he used to relieve the pain?
Doctor :   The best advice in terms of latex allergies is avoidance. Non severe latex allergy like itching and burning can be treat ed with antihistamine medications like benadryl etc. and steriod cream for topical application. However your friend needs to exercise caution because severe allergic reactions like anaphylaxis may occur with latex allergy, and so he needs to avoid any contact with latex. He may consult his GP and may be advised to carry an epinephrine auto-injection kit and wear Medic-Alert identification, in case of an emergency.

Related Q&A

Q: I was in vacation and 4 days into the trip I developed a itchy feeling all over my body. I have no bite marks however...

Q: I got a test ige immunoglobulin serum test . The value cams 520 ? What does this mean . I am a 30 years old mum .

Q: My friend took alegra and tussin and speed and now he says he is having a hard time breathing and stayingawake

Q: Hello, I had my nose pierced about 4 weeks ago. I thought I was starting to get an infection but it turned out to be...

Q: I really want a cat but suffer with allergies. Is there any way I can live with one and control the allergy


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon