Allergic reaction but to what?

Patient : Hey, I woke up with a swollen face and it's numb near my cheeks and lips on the left side. It's not painful though. I never used to be allergic to anything so I don't understand how all of a sudden this has developed in the last two months or so. I also have swelts like red itchy spots sometimes on my body.
Symptoms:  Itchy, spots, swelling
Doctor :   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor. As per details, the most likely possibility for your symptoms is a condition of th e skin called Angioedema. It is the induration of the skin involving epidermis with deeper layers also including subcutaneous tissue. It may be because of following reasons: 1)C1 esterase inhibitor deficiency: has genetic predisposition 2)Infection: like upper respiratory tract infection, gastrointestinal infection, urinary tract infection 3)Drugs like Antibiotics, painkillers, niacin etc 4) Hormonal disturbances 5)Idiopathic: no known cause I will advise you to get following investigations: 1 ) Serum C1 Esterase inhibitor levels 2) Serum insulin 3)IgE levels Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and order tests for you. In such cases, till reports I prefer to advise combination of Levocetirizine and montelukast to my patients. You can share my opinion with him. I hope it helps. Take care