Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Allergic reaction to cosmetic cream

Allergic reaction to cosmetic cream

Patient: Dear Doctor: I recently used a new cosmetic cream on my face. The same night, hours later, I noticed a small red patch on my skin and the right side of my face was slightly swollen. The next day the red patch had formed little hard raised red bumps that itch and lightly sting. They are slowly drying out. What can I use to treat this?



Symptoms: Right side of face is swollen
Hard red bumps
Light stinging



Doctor: It is likely that your skin has reacted to the cosmetic cream application. But, it is important that you consult a Derma tologist to confirm the diagnosis and for further advice.


Ask The Doctor
    Ask The Doctor
Dr. Jimmy Obaji M.D.

Dr. Jimmy Obaji M.D.

Dr. Jimmy Obaji completed his residency in Family Medicine at the University of Manitoba. He currently operates a walk-in-clinic in downtown Toronto.

Book Appointment