Allergic reaction to fresh pineapple eaten on 1-25-15.
Patient :Tuesday, 1-25-15, ate some fresh pineapple. The top of mouth and back of throat started fiery burning. Eventually right nostril and throat were tender, too. Went to my doctor who said they didn't SEE anything other than slight reddening. My MD said it was the pineapple's citric acid. Throat still very tender, pain when swallowing. Anything I can do to help myself get better faster?
Symptoms: Lips slightly stinging feeling and peeled, inside mouth, back of throat patchy sore spots, tender, when swallowing sore like a sore throat.
Thanks for the query.
It looks like an allergy that you have developed to eating pineapple, hence for the avoid them.
Here are a few tips to help you.
You may use ice cubes on the lips and inside the mouth, it gives you good relief.
Saline gargles 3 to 4 times a day sooth the throat.
An anti-inflammatory medicine containing serratio peptidase with diclofenac combination will relieve the pain
Avoid tea, coffee, spicy and oily food till your symptoms fade
Use a moisturizer with vitamin E at bedtime, during the day apply ice cubes
Make sure you drink lots of water throughout the day
At bedtime, you may even take Citrezene tablet, which is an anti-allergy medicine.
Hope this helped.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.