Allergic Reaction to Wax Strips


Q: I used jolen facial wax strips on my upper lip and ive had an allergic reaction and its sore and feels weird and looks sore too is there anything i need to take to get rid of it or help it heal as my body takes ages to heal. also i want to stop it being so sore


A:    You seem have sensitive skin and should be careful while using any product on your skin. You may always try the product on a small area of the skin first before using it on your face.
You can also use these few tips to minimize or avoid the reaction:  Apply vitamin e oil on the skin before so that the wax will less likely stick to your skin and only pull out the hair and ice it afterwards to reduce the reaction. Also, anti histamines available over the counter like benadryl, zyrtec etc can be used to control these reactions, but you should take these drugs only after consulting your doctor in order to avoid any other severe reactions that may occur when taken along with your existing medications and health problems. To subside the reaction you should avoid touching or scratching the area, and keep it hydrated with application of a moisturizing lotion or vitamin e oil.

Related Q&A

Q: I really want a cat but suffer with allergies. Is there any way I can live with one and control the allergy

Q: Hi I wanted to see if my symptoms might be caused by a food sensitivity. I have a dry itchy flaky scrap, itchy skin ...

Q: Hello doctor I'm living in a very seasonal allergic pollotion city. Last month, I started getting there infections...

Q: I have been scheduled for a drug allergy challenge involving acetaminophen. The center will not have a physician in ...

Q: Hi There, I am an alcoholic. I have been drinking for years heavily (vodka) and then switched to wine to try to tamp...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon