ALLERGIC REACTION-what is causing this-i have done nothing different.

Patient

Q: I am having an awful allergic reaction in which first my tongue and lips swelled and it was hard to breathe, chest and abdominal pain. The next day, swollen eyes-almost swollen shut, and then hives. I ate the same things i always ate. I researched the food. The two ingredients i found that others have said are prone to allergies is soy lectin and potassium sorbate. This is really awful.. can you tell me if it is possible to all of a sudden be allergic to foods i have eaten many times? or was i bit by something?

Doctor