Allergic symptoms due to fabric softener

Patient : I think I am allergic to my fabric softner! some days I am ok but today I have a rash all over! I washed almost everything but the scent is still there. what will help?
Doctor :   I would suggest that you discard the fabric softener and wash any all clothes in which the softener was used. In the me an time I advice you to take any anti-allergic medication like cetrizine or allegra which will help decrease the allergy symptoms. You will need to consult an allergist if your symptoms worsen. I wish you well, take care.