Allergic to Amoxicillin.....and Penicillin?

Patient

Q: Six years ago I was prescribed Amoxicillin for an infection. The single dose I remember being very large however I do not remember the milligrams. I had been taking it as prescribed for a week then I missed two days. I then took the dose and suffered a rash then extreme weakness after about half an hour. I had to stumble to a neighbor for help who called an ambulance. At the hospital I recovered quickly. I was then told I was now allergic to Penicillin.
Question: Is it possible I can tolerate PCN and just avoid Amoxicillin?

Doctor