Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Allergic to condoms and had unprotected sex

Allergic to condoms and had unprotected sex

Patient: Hi. My last period was June 8th. Last night I had sexual intercourse. I didn’t use any condoms because I just found out that I am allergic to them. According to my ovulation calendar, I ovulate June 19th. Yes, he ejaculated inside me. Any advice. I had a miscarriage back I. February. I’m trying to stay healthy just in case. Thank you in advance:)

Symptoms: Headache, Nausea.

Doctor: Thank you for your question. If you are concerned about being pregnant, you should visit physician and conduct a pregna ncy test. One can become pregnant at any time of their menstrual/ovulation cycle, so it is important to take necessary precautions to prevent pregnancy such as birth control medication or condoms. You are most likely allergic to latex, which is a commonly used material used to make condoms. We would advise using non-latex condoms, which are generally hypoallergenic.Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com