Allergies and Tinnitus

Patient

Q: Recently, I have felt increased pressure in my ear, and I've received some tinnitus along with it. The nurse at my health center thinks that it is being caused by an allergic reaction, however, I am not exhibiting any other signs of allergies. She gave me some 60mg sudafed pills, and she expects it to clear up.

My question is, does it sound like she gave me the proper diagnosis. And if so, how long should it take the sudafed to relieve the pressure and tinnitus? I've taken three pills so far without any results. Any feedback would help!

Doctor