Allergy - Respiratory, using injection meds


Q: Hello,

My uncle got allergy -- throat irritation from phlegn, starting about 6 months ago.

He was referred to a immunology doctor, and the doctor prescribed him daily dosage of injection (like insulin) which he could do at home.
He was given 2 months dosage, which the doctor took from a big container, and divided them into daily dosage. Nevertheless, his doctor did not want to let us know the ingredients - if we want to go to other doctors for referral.

Our question, is there any INJECTION medicine for allergy - besides the regular tablets?

At this time, he's also prescribed SINGULAIR - on top of the injected medicine that he has.

Please advise.


A:   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: Hello doctor I'm living in a very seasonal allergic pollotion city. Last month, I started getting there infections...

Q: I have been scheduled for a drug allergy challenge involving acetaminophen. The center will not have a physician in ...

Q: Hi There, I am an alcoholic. I have been drinking for years heavily (vodka) and then switched to wine to try to tamp...

Q: I am very allergic to shrimp. When a reaction starts I have a severe headache and am nausated and throw up 6-8 hours

Q: I have gotten bites yesterday by a bug that I don't know and where i have the bite there is a huge tender to the touc...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon