Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Allergy symptoms in India

Allergy symptoms in India

Patient: I have sneezing problem when I go to Bombay, India. But when I am back in US it goes away. What may be the problem? Can it be an allergy? What allergy could it be? How do I find out?

Doctor: It is difficult to decide what may be causing your allergy symptoms with limited information. Therefore I advise attendi ng your family doctor for a more detailed history of your symptoms, including questions about previous illnesses, emotional and social conditions, work, entertainment, lifestyle, foods, and eating habits, and a complete clinical examination. He may refer you for skin prick tests, provocation (challenge) test or blood tests to measure antibodies (proteins) in the blood directed against specific allergens, if your history and symptoms are suggestive of an allergy.