Allergy symptoms in India

Patient : I have sneezing problem when I go to Bombay, India. But when I am back in US it goes away. What may be the problem? Can it be an allergy? What allergy could it be? How do I find out?
Doctor :   It is difficult to decide what may be causing your allergy symptoms with limited information. Therefore I advise attendi ng your family doctor for a more detailed history of your symptoms, including questions about previous illnesses, emotional and social conditions, work, entertainment, lifestyle, foods, and eating habits, and a complete clinical examination. He may refer you for skin prick tests, provocation (challenge) test or blood tests to measure antibodies (proteins) in the blood directed against specific allergens, if your history and symptoms are suggestive of an allergy.

Related Q&A

Q: About a month ago I was given a clinical diagnosis of having the flu (the kid I nanny tested positive and a few days ...

Q: Cold with fever continously for 3 year old from past one month.if she is on antibiotics no fever she is good.once ant...

Q: Hi, My husband has been diagnosed with Q fever, Ross river fever and glandular fever. He has been prescribed doxycyc...

Q: I got a flu shot 2 days ago, woke up last night with legs uncontrollably shaking and severe ache in opposite arm of i...

Q: I'm 30 years old with fever and cough. Also a runny nose for the last few days. what should I take?


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon