Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Allergy to peanut

Allergy to peanut

Patient: My son has an allergy to peanuts (he is 7). He came home from school today and accidentally ate a peanut out of a bowl. About 1 hour after eating it he vomited. About 45 minutes after that he vomited again. Everything now seems normal…however it’s bed time and he’s gone to sleep. How tight of an eye do I need to keep on him overnight, in concern of a delayed reaction. Or since he already reacted, does that delayed reaction go away?

Symptoms: vomited

Doctor: It is unlikely that your son would have any further reactions, since the entire bolus of food is expected to be out of t he system with those two vomiting episodes. You may relax and have a good nights sleep.