Allergy to surgical steel or coincidence?

Patient

Q: I had a C-Section with my daughter and it took almost a year and a half to heal. It was always getting this rash and burning itch with pain. It was so bad after I was released I ended up back in the emergency room for two weeks. However they never gave me a clear answer on what was wrong. They just said they wanted to bring my fever down and do a dmc which they never did. However I recently got my ears lobes pierced at a local shop. They cleaned them in a special machine and they were very clean about the process. However after two months they were still oozing lots of puss, itching, burning, and causing so much pain. I saw my doctor who said it might be the metal and so I switched out my jewelry from surgical steel to sterling silver. Within a day all of the pain, redness, itching was gone and they were not oozing. Could this be coincidence or is it possible I am allergic to surgical steel used both in my earrings and in my C-Section procedure?

Symptoms:  C-Section Line- Oozing puss, liquids, pain, swelling, itching, burning, redness, rash, nausea
Lobe piercing- Oozing puss, liquids, pain, swelling, itching, burning, redness
Doctor