Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Alright so my husband and I have been trying to

Alright so my husband and I have been trying to

Patient: Alright so my husband and I have been trying to conceive. The strange thing is that about a week after my last period, I had very severe constant cramps in my abdomen that lasted about 10 hours but then they went away. A week later(yesterday) which is when I should have been ovulating, I noticed that I was bleeding pretty heavily.This morning I woke up and noticed I was still bleeding but the cramps I was having were so severe they had me on the floor. They’re located just below my belly button and sometimes kind of go straight to my back. Is this just an extremely early period or is something else going on?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.It seems that you are talking about metrorrhagia. Metrorrhagia is painful menstruation w hich has heavy bleeding and a lot of crampy pain.See a Doctor to confirm this with blood tests and hormone assays. This should help you reach a diagnosis. Hope this helps you. All the best.