Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Also shortness of breath

Also shortness of breath

Patient: Hello Dr. I have diabetes, and uncontrolled high blood pressure. I am a male of 48 years old. I have quite a few sores on my legs and now my calves are slightly swollen and tender and hard. I have also had cramps in my legs in the morning. Any advice?Thanks!!!!!

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.Following are the possibilities:1. Acute DVT episode.2. Veno us leakage syndrome due to previous DVT episode as a complication of DVT3. Cellulitis.In case you are already on DVT Medicines, then DVT is very unlikely.However, if you are not taking any medicines for DVT at present and you have risk factors of developing DVT, it is likely that this is DVT.I would advise you to see your doctor, if he feels this is DVT on clinical background, he will get a Venous Doppler done. If DVT is found he will start you on Anticoagulants.If this is due to Cellulitis, he will start you on antibiotics.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.