Alternative medication to Aggrenox

Patient: Is there an alternative medication to Aggrenox? I take Lisinopril,Atorvastatin,Metoprolo er suc,Hydrochlorothiazide,Amlodipine Besylate and Aggrenox. My blood pressure is under control 135 over80

Symptoms: I had a mini stroke 9 months ago High blood pressure

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.Aggrenox contains a combination of aspirin and dipyridamole. It is used to reduce the risk of stroke in people who have had blood clots. It also helps in reducing the risk of heart attack in people with a history of heart diseases.It has nothing to do with control of Blood pressure.So, don’t look for an alternate and don’t stop it without your doctor’s advice.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.

Was this answer helpful?

View all posts