Alternative solutions for constipation during pregnancy

Patient

Q: Hello,
I am 18 weeks pregnant. I've struggled with constipation the entire pregnancy, but entering the second trimester made it a lot worse because of the sudden hunger. My stomach hurts if I do not eat once every 1-4 hours, but if I don't poop, I need to vomit as well.

I have tried upping my intake of fiber (I'm averaging about 30 grams a day) and my protein (from non-meat sources. I'm not a vegetarian, I just don't like the idea of eating all meat all the time). I've been talking long walks, I eat small meals throughout the day (and night). I've also used edemas, and suppositories, and I'm on an iron-free multivitamin.
I drink close to 10 8oz glasses of water a day, plus 1 for every hour of light exercise. I keep very specific records so that I know how much water, protein, and fiber i've had every day.

I see a nutritionist who, because my fiber and protein are so high, would rather talk about other nutrients.
My midwife doesn't have any more ideas. Whenever I called saying again "I can't poop", she would just list something else on the list that i've already tried.

It's not that I don't trust her, it's just that I would really appreciate something besides "well, we can't help you there..."

Can you offer me any advice so that I can poop regularly? (with my food intake, that would probably be twice a day, but I'll even accept once a day. Right now, it's about once every other day if I'm lucky.)
Is there something that we're missing? Anything?

Thank you
-Bailey

Symptoms:  Pregnancy constipation
Doctor