Alternative to Concerta with less side effects

Patient : I am a 19 year old male. I am very healthy with absolutely no medical problems. I was however diagnosed with ADHD when i was 13 and prescribed the drug Concerta. I have been taking it daily ever since then. lately i have been wanting to come off of it because I feel for the most part I have grown out of my ADHD problems. The problem is there is one huge embarrassing effect It inhibits that I dont want to lose if i go off of it. Once I hit puberty I began getting un-stimulated erections throughout the day. I know this is a normal occurrence but it hasn't gone away. Now at 19 I still get these erections if I do not take the Concerta. now that i am mature it is very awkward and hard to hide these and I dont want to have to go through my day having to worry about them. Is there some other drug i could take that would specially inhibit this or anything for that matter I can do to solve it other than ADHD medicine? Thanks for your help
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: Hey doc, my ADHD meds aren't working like it should be and I've been taking these meds (concerta) since I was 10 year...

Q: I'm 26 years old and I strongly believe that I have ADHD and bipolar disorder. I can confirm this assumption by own e...

Q: I'm finding it very difficult to effectively manage my ADHD symptoms as an adult. It's embarrassing and humiliating. ...

Q: I was prescribed Vyvanse for my ADHD and I actually lost / am unable to find where I had put the bottle itself contai...

Q: My child is suffering from ADHD and he is hyperactive. He does not make any eye contact, does not listen to our comma...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon