Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Am 25 yr old women I have regular periods My

Am 25 yr old women I have regular periods My

Patient: Am 25 yr old women. I have regular periods. My bmi is 22. Now i have burning sensation on both foot. My FBS is 102 mg/dl . pls suggest me an idea on this

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Burning sensation in the feet can be seen due to causes lik e deficiency of hormones like Vitamin B12 and B6, infection or inflammation of the foot, diabetic neuropathy etc.By clinical examination and investigations like estimating the vitamin levels, GTT etc the possible cause of the problem can be identified and treated.As your fasting blood sugar level is a little bit high, better to go for glucose tolerance test(GTT) to diagnose the possibility of diabetes mellitus.Take care.