Am I conceiving? Am I pregnant? What is going on?

Patient : I had my period a normal 7 day flow from September 28, 2014 to October 5, 2014. I had intercourse on October 7, 2014 and again on October 9, 2014. There was spotting on October 10, 2014 and October 11, 2014. Why would I be spotting? It was very light spotting almost no blood at all both days. Before this guy I haven't had intercourse for a full year. I am wondering what the spotting means. Usually I bleed just the 7 days and that is all. Can you help answer this?
Symptoms:  I had my period a normal 7 day flow from September 28, 2014 to October 5, 2014. I had intercourse on October 7, 2014 and again on October 9, 2014. There was spotting on October 10, 2014 and October 11, 2014. Why would I be spotting? It was very light spotting almost no blood at all both days. Before this guy I haven't had intercourse for a full year. I am wondering what the spotting means. Usually I bleed just the 7 days and that is all. Can you help answer this?
Doctor :   It is unlikely that you could be pregnant so closely after a period however after the first week of one's cycle one may occasionally ovulate and get pregnant as it is not such a safe period from fertility point of view. Inter-menstrual spotting occurs because of a variety of causes and most commonly a mid cycle light spotting is a sign of ovulation. Pregnancy always needs to be excluded in cases of inter-menstrual bleeding but given you history pregnancy from a previous cycle seems unlikely. If you do miss your next periods, you will however definitely need a pregnancy test. Sexually transmitted infections are also a common cause of post-coital (after intercourse) and inter-menstrual bleeding/spotting. It would be advisable to visit an OBGYN for an examination if you have any additional suggestive of an infection such as lower abdominal pain, fever, vaginal discharge, recurrent irregular spotting etc. If you are not trying to conceive, it would be a good idea to use a contraceptive method to prevent an unwanted pregnancy rather than stressing about it later. Emergency contraceptive options are available for upto 5 days after the intercourse. You may visit a contraception clinic or your local clinic for further advice regarding the same.