Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Am i depressed.. don’t feel like my self .. what do i do ?

Am i depressed.. don’t feel like my self .. what do i do ?

Patient: Am i depressed … feeling not my self i have lost interest in all things i used to love i half to force my elf to eat dinner because I’m never hungry i don’t sleep at all at night i fall asleep at around 2 am its terrible… I’m always feeling glum and upset and i really war to care about things but i can’t make my self care anymore i cry all the time and i feel… trapped .. whats wrong with me … I’m a 14 year old female ..

Symptoms: Am i depressed … feeling not my self i have lost interest in all things i used to love i half to force my elf to eat dinner because I’m never hungry i don’t sleep at all at night i fall asleep at around 2 am its terrible… I’m always feeling glum and upset and i really war to care about things but i can’t make my self care anymore i cry all the time and i feel… trapped .. whats wrong with me … I’m a 14 year old female ..

Doctor: Thank you for your question. We are sorry that you are experiencing such distressing symptoms. It is possible that you a re having a depressive episode. In order to determine if you are experiencing a depressive episode, you will need to see your doctor to be assessed. According to your description, you can preliminarily state that you are having a depressive episode. If you are at all feeling suicidal or the desire to hurt yourself in any way, please go to your nearest hospital emergency room to be promptly treated.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com