Am I depressed, or just sad?

Q: Hi, I'm 16 and in high school. It's come to my attention that my feeling down in t dumps all of the time could possibly be something more. Ive looked into and done research n a possibility being depressed or having an anxiety disorder i generally avoid any big social get together, constantly feel worthless and unloved and I'm always worried about what people are thinking of me and if they're looking at me.

Symptoms:  Feeling hopeless, loss of interest in activities, feeling the need to eat more of less than usual, hard time falling asleep/staying asleep, unwanted/unreasonable anger and sadness.