Am I Going Through Menopause?

Patient: I’m 44 years old woman and I’ve not got my periods for past 3 months, is it normal? Or am i going through menopause?

Doctor: The phase before you actually have menopause (refers to having no periods for 1 year) is known as peri-menopause, which may last on an average of 4 years, may be less in some women or up to 7 or 10 years in others. So you may be experiencing perimenopause that usually starts around this time. One may experience a sudden stop of the menstrual cycle or may have irregular cycles  with a gradual reduction in the inter menstrual period. It should be noted though, that you may get pregnant during perimenopause because your ovaries are still capable of releasing the ovum until you have attained complete menopause. Unless you have been sexually active, any chances of pregnancy could be ruled out, and the absence of periods would possibly be related to the normal perimenopausal changes of women’s life. You may also experience other symptoms like hot flashes, emotional changes, night sweats, heart pounding, sleep problems, decreased interest in sex etc. associated with the hormonal changes of perimenopause.

Guest: anxiety and menopause, natural supplement are safe