Am I going through menopause at age 33?

Patient

Q: I am 33 years old and experiencing minimal flow in my periods for the past 8 or so months, with them lasting 2 - 3 days and during that time very reduced bleeding. I was on the pill for approx. 17 years so came off approx. 6 months ago and the periods have not regained a normal flow since.

I have other health issues at the moment which have not been diagnosed, symptoms including extreme muscle tightness causing pain in various parts of my body (feet, legs, back) which makes exercise very difficult. Other symptoms include weight gain and not being able to take the weight off, and some memory confusion/scatter brain at times.

I have also gone through some emotional grief and stress for some time, I lost my mother 4.5 years ago, and went through a very difficult relationship which has been very heartbreaking and stressful for 3 of the past 4 years.

I had an internal ultrasound approx. 9 months ago due to some stomach pain I was having at the time, I was on the pill at that stage but i was advised of everything looking normal, my follicles measured a good size for one being on the pill, and eggs could be seen.

I don't have any other symptoms of menopause that i am aware of (in regards to hot flushes, dry vagina, etc).

Could I be going through pre-menopause or menopause, or would this most likely be something else - if so what else may it be? I have not had children as yet and is something I would really like to have one day. Is there anything I can do to give me a good chance of this. I am not in a position to have children at this stage in life due to a breakup in my relationship.

I had my thyroid tested and it was normal. My liver test came back slightly abnormal and i was advised possibly have a very minimal fatty liver. My iron has been extremely low most of my adult life (reading of 2 to 4) however last time checked was normal for the first time since i can remember. All other blood tests seem to have come back normal.

Symptoms:  As mentioned above.
Doctor