Am I pregnant? 16 days late and 2 negative tests!

Patient : My period is 16 days late, the first day of my last period was the 26th November. I've done two tests (on 3rd and 7th January) both cme back negative. Am I pregnant? Or is there another reason my period is 16 days late? Please help.
Symptoms:  Slight back ache, peeing a lot, slight tenderness in my breasts
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Delayed periods can occur due to many causes like gonadal ho rmonal imbalance, thyroid hormonal imbalance, prolactin level changes etc. Recent illness, changes in daily activities etc can also affect the menstruation. As both your pregnancy tests were negative there is less possibility of pregnancy in case of previous regular 28 to 30 days menstrual cycles. Backache, breast tenderness etc symptoms can be seen in the premenstrual phase and also in early pregnancy. So, we cannot come to one conclusion just by symptoms. If you want to be sure, please go for the blood test for pregnancy. if your blood test for pregnancy also gives a negative result better to consult your doctor once and get evaluated to find out the cause for delayed periods then take tablets for withdrawal bleeding. Take care.