Am I pregnant?

Patient

Q: Hi! I think I might be pregnant! I hope. I had intercourse June 18 and my last period was May 29. I'm not sure when to take a pregnancy test cause I have very irregular periods!! I hope that doesn't make it harder to get pregnant. But is it possible to have pregnancy symptoms this early? Please help?

Symptoms:  Pooping more, stomach cramps, darker nipples
Doctor

A:   Pregnancy symptoms may sometimes start as early as a week before the period is missed. However the fact that you notice some of these symptoms does not necessarily mean you are pregnant. The only way to tell for sure is with a pregnancy test.
Home pregnancy tests work by detecting the presence of the pregnancy hormone hCG in one's urine. You should wait at least one day after missing the period before taking a home pregnancy test, although waiting a week is considered best. It is important to follow manufacturers' instructions mentioned on the pack as specifics may vary for each pregnancy kit. Read and follow the instructions regarding the method of collecting the urine, the length of time you need to urinate on the stick for and the symbols used to indicate whether you're pregnant or not.
After knowing all this hope you shall be able to test for a pregnancy yourself without any hassles.