Am I pregnant at 16?

Patient : I had protected sex on November 8, 2014. My period is late and I'm starting to worry. I am 16 years old. This was the first time I had sex and he did not ejaculate in me or even near me. I have lost my appetite and my weight has decreased as well. I have been under a lot of stress recently due to school. I took a pregnancy test a week ago and it came out negative. Am I pregnant, and if not then why is my period so late?
Symptoms:  Nauseous, loss of appetite, losing weight, missed period
Doctor :   Delayed menses can be caused by a variety of reasons other than pregnancy.Stress, lack of sleep, weight fluctuations etc . are all factors that can lead to longer than normal cycles. Hormonal imbalances, weight fluctuations, thyroid illness, polycystic ovaries etc. are also other causes of delayed menses. If there has been any vaginal intercourse with ejaculation of semen then pregnancy is a likelihood. But rather than taking stress about whether or not you are pregnant, taking a home pregnancy test would be the easiest alternative for you. Home pregnancy tests work by detecting the presence of the hormone hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) known as the pregnancy hormone, in a woman's urine. Follow the specifics mentioned on the pack accurately for reliable test results. If you test negative, I would advise that you wait for atleast 2 - 3 weeks for the onset of your periods. As longer than normal cycles are part of the variations in one's cycle lengths that every woman undergoes with age, you could just start your periods a little late this month. If the absence of periods i.e amenorrhea persists after 3 weeks inspite of a negative pregnancy test, then it would be okay to consult with a gynecologist or family physician regarding the same.