Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Am I pregnant at 35 yrs old

Am I pregnant at 35 yrs old

Patient: I haven’t been pregnant in 13 yrs and I am 35 yrs old I still get regular periods every month but i have not gotten my period since Oct 30th now is it possible that i could be pregnant?

Symptoms: Missing period, lack of energy

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for contacting askthedoctor.comIf you have been experiencing regular periods since last 13 years and have been opertated for two cesarean sections earlier and have missed your periods after a long time, then chances are that you may be pregnant if you have been sexually active without any contraception.You may check with urine pregnancy test to rule out any pregnancy 7 days post your due date. If negative then you may choose to wait for a total of 15 days post due date for menses to return as various emotional and psychological stressors may cause delay in periods as well.I hope i have answered your query in detail.wishing you good health,regards