Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Am I pregnant? because im really scared that I am…

Am I pregnant? because im really scared that I am…

Patient: I got put on the mini pill and ive had sex with my boyfriend and he came inside of me, my belly seems abit swollen does that mean i could be pregnant ?

Symptoms: Swollen belly, diarrhea

Doctor: Hello,If you have had unprotected sex with your partner and have taken an emergency contraceptive pill after the int ercourse , then you should expect your menses to return in 7-10 days which is normal.If you miss your periods during this month, you may perform a urine pregnancy test after week to rule out pregnancy. If the pregnancy is ruled out then it is likely that the symptoms you are experiencing may be PMS associated.I hope i have answered your query,wishing you good health,regards