Am I pregnant from..

Patient: Hi so I am a virgin and me my boyfriend got a little caught up in the moment last night. He penetrated me with a good 3 inches in for about 30 seconds. He never ejaculated but I’m afraid I might get pregnant from his precum. Please help!}

Symptoms: None

Doctor: Ovulation or the release of an egg (ovum) usually occurs around the 14th day of the menstrual cycle, and thus an unprote cted intercourse occurring around this time has a maximum chance of getting you pregnant; but this is not a rule, and in many women ovulation time may not be so predictable. This holds especially true for the ladies with irregular menstrual periods. Thus the so called The fertile period of a woman is determined by analyzing her menstrual cycle with an ovulation calculator or fertility chart. Normally, the menstrual cycle is a 28 day cycle. During the 14th day after a period, the ovum is released. This process is called ovulation and the days 12 to 16 days after a period are said to be a woman’s most fertile period.The spermatozoa contained in even a drop of seminal fluid may be enough to get you pregnant and hence it is always advisable to get a doctor’s consultation on the issue. For your information, there is something called Plan B, which is is a type of emergency contraception. An emergency pill or ECP is a birth control pill that can prevent pregnancy after an unprotected intercourse. People sometimes call it the “morning after pill.” But you don’t have to wait until the morning after sex to take it. In fact, Plan B is more effective the sooner you take it. It is a one-dose regimen: you take one pill. The pill contains 1.5 milligrams of levonorgestrel, which is used in lower doses in many birth control pills.Please consult your doctor for a more personalised solution.