Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Am I pregnant I have these symptoms Sore and tender breasts.

Am I pregnant I have these symptoms Sore and tender breasts.

Patient: Am I pregnantI have these symptomsSore and tender breastsMy fiancé has noticed white spots on my breastsI have a late period although I am normally frequentI have pains in my lower and higher backI have pains in lower parts of my stomachThe lower part of my stomach and surrounding areas are always hard but go even harder after I’ve eatenConstantly feeling sickConstantly feeling tired and exhaustedOften Mood SwingsI have recently been having quite alot of dizzy spellsI have been getting a taste for strange food ideas e.g mayonaise with Currys and Chillis etc.I am 17 and I have done numerous pregnancy tests which have all come back negative. Please can somebody give me some answers.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query,All the symptoms that you are experiencing in the absence of pregnancy or negative preg nancy tests are of premenstrual syndrome complex which includes nausea, headache, mood swings, taste changes, lower abdominal aches, cramps, increased frequency of urine, sore breasts, all though mimic early pregnancy symptoms but are due to progesterone withdrawal, indicating that your menses are to ensue in next few days . You should wait for your menses to resume as you are not pregnant.I hope i have answered your query in detail,wishing you good health,regards