Am i pregnant? I've had my period for 10 days

Patient : Am i pregnant? I've had my period for 10 days and a blood on days 1 through 6 and days 8 and 10 I did not bleed on days seven and nine. My. Usually only last 5 days. is it too early to take a pregnancy test? also I am sick, because the house that I just moved into is colder than the old house and I just started a new job a few days before my period started
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. The very fact that you for y our period rules out pregnancy completely, it doesn't matter how the flow has been. It seems you have some hormonal imbalance and if it persists beyond 2 weeks, you can get your serum FSH/LH evaluated. But it can happen for a few cycles, and you will have a normal cycle the next time. If it persists though you need to consult your gynecologist and proceed. Hope this was helpful, Regards