Am i pregnant? I've had my period for 10 days

Patient

Q: Am i pregnant? I've had my period for 10 days and a blood on days 1 through 6 and days 8 and 10 I did not bleed on days seven and nine. My. Usually only last 5 days. is it too early to take a pregnancy test? also I am sick, because the house that I just moved into is colder than the old house and I just started a new job a few days before my period started

Doctor

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

The very fact that you for your period rules out pregnancy completely, it doesn't matter how the flow has been.
It seems you have some hormonal imbalance and if it persists beyond 2 weeks, you can get your serum FSH/LH evaluated. But it can happen for a few cycles, and you will have a normal cycle the next time. If it persists though you need to consult your gynecologist and proceed.

Hope this was helpful,