Am i pregnant or......

Q: My last period started on or about 12-26-14, i had unprotected sex 1-12 or 13, after that for several days i was experiencing extreme fatigue, lightheadedness, strange eating habits, my next period was due to begin 1-23-15 but around the 18 i had mild cramping for a day or two then the 20th i was bleeding, but not much and not enough to need a pad or tampon, now the 23rd (when i was supposed to start) i have even less discharge and its very light pink or brown, but i took a HPT the 21 or 22 and it came back negative, whats going on? my fatigue has dissipated,

Symptoms:  Fatigue, irregular bleeding,

A:   Hi,
As you had unprotected intercourse around the time of intercourse, there is a possibility of pregnancy.
But symptoms are not sufficient to come to one conclusion. Intermenstrual spotting can be seen during ovulation or in other days due to hormonal imbalance.
During early pregnancy also spotting can be seen due to implantation, growing gestational sac etc.
Other possible causes are local causes like cervical erosion, polyp etc.
Usually, urine pregnancy test can give an accurate result after one week of expected date of periods.
So, repeat urine pregnancy test after one week of your expected date of periods.
If the pregnancy test gives negative result and Intermenstrual spotting persists, better to consult your doctor and get evaluated.
Take care.