Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Am I pregnant or I have a disease

Am I pregnant or I have a disease

Patient: Hi, am 28years old, my period has been normal all my life but for the last two months it changed, it starts with a brownish color and becomes bright red and it’s so waterly and it lasts between 2-3 days am not on any birth control pills, this whole thing started I’ve had many pregnancy symptoms which begun a while after I had unprotected sex and I’ve taken 3 home pregnancy tests but they are all negative but the symptoms persist , is it normal or these are symptoms of a disease not a pregnancy

Symptoms: Loss of appetite, am always tired, feeling sick out of the blue, am hungry all the time muscle aches, back pain crumbs in my lower abdomen and sometimes on both sides of my stomach, I dream the moment I put my head down untill a wake up everyday, boating constipation

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes.Usually, menstrual cycle with length of 21 days to 35 days and menstrual flow for 3 to 7 days should be considered as normal only.Brown color of the flow usually indicates collected blood in the uterus.As all urine pregnancy test kits gave negative results the possibility of pregnancy is less.Decreased menstrual flow, watery flow, tiredness, muscle aches, constipation etc symptoms can be seen in conditions like anemia, thyroid hormonal imbalance etc.So, please consult your doctor and get evaluated.By clinical examination and investigations like ultrasound, complete blood picture, thyroid profile, blood sugar levels etc, the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.Take care