Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Am I pregnant or is it a bladder infection?

Am I pregnant or is it a bladder infection?

Patient: I am sexually active, and have searched online and supposedly have symptoms of pregnancy or possibly a bladder infection. Which one is it?

Symptoms: Urges to urinate but little comes out and is clear, lower stomach cramps, sore nipples, missed period

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Both in early pregnancy and in urinary tract infection urge t o urinate, abdominal cramps etc can be seen.Premenstrual phase can present with abdominal cramps and sore nipples, which can also be seen in early pregnancy.So just by symptoms you cannot come to a conclusion regarding the pregnancy.As you have missed your period, please go for urine pregnancy test once to find out the possibility of pregnancy.Take care.