Am i pregnant or is this a late period

Q: Hello my name is katie i have missed my period for 46 days my last period was 11th of august and i am very worryed i did have sex with no condom i have had symptons like my boobs getting bigger and sore also i have felt sick not been sick i have been put off some food i have been wanting to eat more food i have also done 2 pregnant test last week and they both out neg but i still feel like i am pregnant please help.

Symptoms:  Boobs getting bigger and sore, Nausea without vomiting ,food cravings and tiredness some times.

A:   Lack of a menstrual period is called amenorrhea. When this occurs in a woman who has never had a period it is called primary amenorrhea. In cases like yours, where there has been cycles in the past, it can be called secondary amenorrhea.
The most common cause of amenorrhea is pregnancy. You did the right thing by taking a pregnancy test after missing your periods. Home pregnancy tests work by detecting the presence of the hormone hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) in a woman's urine. They are almost 99 percent reliable in detecting a pregnancy so you can rest assured that you are not pregnant. As regards to the symptoms, they are quite non-specific and although common in pregnancy, they could mean a lot of other conditions such as viral infections, anemia, gastroenteritis etc.
With regards to your delayed period, I suggest that you wait for a couple of weeks more for your periods to begin. Not every missed period warrants a clinical diagnosis and evaluation. Most physicians will consider missed periods a potential problem after 6 months, in a woman who has had regular cycles before. If a woman was irregular before, than twelve months is the usual timeframe. Stress, hormonal fluctuations, disturbed sleep, excess exercise, weight loss etc. may be causes of delayed periods and usually it is just a transient event in a woman's reproductive cycle.