Am I Pregnant or Just A Stomach Flu?

Q: Hello , I don't know whether I am pregnant or not. I haven't yet taken a test only because I don't know if it is necessary just yet; I had sex April 18, 2014 and started my period May 01, 2014-May03, 2014 and I started experiencing nausea , vomiting , tiredness on the first as well. I didn't think it was a big deal and assumed it was symptoms regarding my monthly visit from Mother Nature however .. It is now May 13 , 2014 and there is no change. May 01, 2014 I did have a mucous build up , and was coughing .. Which led me to believe I was just experiencing a common cold. Talking with my girlfriends they've convinced me I may be pregnant. So my question is , do I seek medical attention or just take a home pregnancy test and hope for the best?

Symptoms:  Nausea , vomiting , drowsiness , tired (8-10 hrs if sleep at night and 2 hr naps in the day, still feeling tired)