Am I pregnant or just bloated?

Patient

Q: Is there a way to tell if you are bloated or just pregnant without taking a pregnancy test? I am lactose intolerant but I am on the pill too and have not been having periods with it so no other way to tell...

Symptoms:  Bloated, queasy, lactose intolerant, pregnant perhaps
Doctor

A:   If you have been regular on the pill, there is no reason for you to worry about a possibility of a pregnancy. Missing periods, while being on a pill regime is quite common and usually there is nothing to worry about the same.
Nevertheless, the standard advice is to take a home pregnancy test if there are any pregnancy symptoms or reason to believe the pill has failed.
Testing with a urine based- home pregnancy test is very simple and highly reliable. Its a urine based test that tests the pregnancy hormone in the maternal urine.
After the invention of pregnancy kits in the 20th century, women have not felt the need for alternatives. For your information, there are some other methods to test for pregnancy (however they cannot be deemed reliable and are regarded outdated).
Early on in pregnancy, roughly six to eight weeks in, the cervix, labia and vagina can take on a dark bluish or purple-red hue, owing to the increased blood flow to the area. This is known as the Chadwick's sign of pregnancy. You obviously will need a trained professional to take a look at your vagina and cervix.