Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Am i pregnant or not?

Am i pregnant or not?

Patient: I started spotting Two days before i was suppose to come on my period but I been cramping a week prior to it an now as well an my back hurt an change in color in my breast. Im on day four of spotting an took a test an came out negative? Im confused

Symptoms: Cramping,bloating, nauseua, tired

Doctor: Hello.thanks for contacting askthedoctor.comWhat you are experiencing is called premenstrual syndrome which mimics symptoms of early pregnancy like mood swings,nausea,headache,cramping ,bloating,low backache and even breat tenderness but the pregnancy test is negative.It indicates towards progesterone withdrawal and starts few days to week before menses . It shall subside once the menses stop.I hope i have answered your query.wishing you good health.regards