Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Am I pregnant or stressed?

Am I pregnant or stressed?

Patient: Am I pregnant or stressed? I’m 14 and about a week ago my boyfriend put his tip in for about 10 seconds and then ejaculated on his hand wiped it off then fingered me (my hypem is not broken) I should have my next period today or tomorrow, but I have had spotting for a few days still no period I am under extreme stress and I’m not sure if my nausea is my stress or pregnancy. I have not been as hungry as usual and my breasts are not sore. Please I need answers quickly.

Symptoms: Nausea, dizziness, extreme stress.

Doctor: Unscheduled spotting is not normal and you should consult your doctor for the same. An unprotected intercourse results i n pregnancy only when a woman is in her so called “Fertile Period”. The fertile period of a woman is determined by analyzing her menstrual cycle with an ovulation calculator or fertility chart. Normally, the menstrual cycle is a 28 day cycle. During the 14th day after a period, the ovum is released. This process is called ovulation and the days 12 to 16 days after a period are said to be a woman’s most fertile period. Ovulation may not occur at a predictable time in the menstrual cycle, however. A number of factors may cause an unexpectedly early or late ovulation, even for women with a history of regular menstrual cycles.If even a drop of semen finds its way in, pregnancy may result. Please discuss the issue in detail with your doctor and seek advice.