October 18, 2018

Am I Pregnant ? Pregnancy scare

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Am I Pregnant ? Pregnancy scare

Patient: So about a week ago I had sex we used a condom but the condom kept coming off so when he ejcualated and pulled out the condom got stuck inside me , is there a chance of me being pregnant ? ( my period is 2 days late )

Symptoms: Constipation , Sore breasts , Fatigue

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for asking the question to askthedoctor.comIf there has been a condom misadventure and it kept comin g off during the sexual act and remained inside during the ejaculate then there are high chances that you may get pregnant unless you have been following any hormonal contraceptive protection.If you have not taken any emergency contraceptive pill after the intercourse , then now once you have missed your periods, the best way to confirm pregnancy would be to do urine pregnancy test after total 7 days of missed period.There may be chances that your cycles may be anovular at present and you may not ovulate to conceive. These symptoms of sore breasts and fatigue are common between PMS and pregnancy both , so it is always better to confirm or rule out with a pregnancy test.I hope i have answered the queries in detail,wishing you good health,regards

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No