Am I pregnant, used plan b one step 12 hours after unprotected sex

Patient

Q: I had sex with boyfriends (unprotected) he did not ejaculate inside me. He previously masturbated twice before having sex with me. It was also the day after my period. I have extremely irregular periods. Also just to ease my stress we went to go get plan b one step and I took it about 12 ours after intercourse what are my chances in being pregnant?

Symptoms:  Because of the plan b one step ive had a bit of abdominal pain and tiredness and a bit of pain after intercourse, because it was my first time
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query.
The chances of a pregnancy in your case is less as you have said of using emergency contraceptive pill within 12 hours of an unprotected sexual intercourse. Also as you have stated that it was just after your period, though you have not exactly mentioned the day of the cycle. One thing you should keep in mind is the fact that precum can also have spermatozoa which could be enough to impregnate a women especially if they had an earlier ejaculation. Just one to two hours prior to the sexual intercourse and incase the male did not empty his urethra there are greater chances of the spermatozoa being present. However depending on the male’s body there are chances of spermatozoa to be present in the urethra otherwise also and they can be present in the percum. Therefore you should be more cautious as withdrawl method is not a very protective method to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. If you don’t get your period even after 7 to 10 days past your expected date of menstrual cycle opt for home pregnancy test.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.