Am i receiving the correct treatment?

Q: I recently had a throat swab that tested positive for oral gonorrhea which my doctor called and informed me about as i am currently out of the country. i was instructed to have both an injection and tablet to treat it.

i am currently in Austria and have seen a number of doctors including a sexual health clinic which gave me a 1g oral dose of azithromycin which was taken approx. 48 hours ago but insisted the injection was not necessary. i have carried out some research on the internet that seems to suggest that this by itself is not an effective treatment for oral gonorrhea. i still have 1.5g of azithromycin left. should i take it as a precaution? or do you have any other advice for me?

for obvious reasons i want to be treated correctly so the infection does not get worse.